Hey hey so I have been totally MIA. Did everyone hear the shout out during conference for BLOGS?? Yes the comment was "whether you share it on your blog,to your neighbors, you can share how you stand." (or something to that effect) Wahoo!! Did you know that blogging is a type of journaling? In the Ensign last April there was a little blup that said... "Whether in scrapbooks, journals, blogs, videos, you are sharing your life for posterity."(Again, something to that effect!) Today a friend came over for a play date and was sharing how she is going to print out her blog one day yes PRINT OUT her blog!! You can buy a 'blog book' and it 'slurps' your info from your blog and puts it into book form. Do you know what this is going to do for me? Throw out all the scrapbooking stuff no more buying endless amounts of stuff to have major guilt over never really using it. Okay, so twice a year if I am lucky at Conference time I pull all the scrapbooking stuff and go to town for two days on the scrapbooks and try to scrap the last six monthes. See the problem is the last three I had not done it so I am behind a year and a half!! I did scrapbook this past conference, (wasn't it the greatest!) and I am happy to say that there is now record of Calina being born and 2006 is nearly done. Ahhh.... However all the work and money may be gone with a touch of slurping a blog book... I may not ever be the same again. Has anyone ever tried it?
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi Michelle! I didn't know there was such a thing as a 'blog book.' That is great now that I know that. Do you know any other details by chance? I love your updates and looking at your blog. It is darling. How are you doing?
I haven't tried it but I am seriously contemplating it. I have five kids and only one and a half baby books. Bad me.
All of my friends do it... I haven't yet, but I have never had any desire to be a scrapbooker, so I'm not replacing anything. Someday, I may have my blog book printed, but not soon. Perhaps for my Blogiversary! :)
P.S. My hubby is named Shane. :)
I love that idea. There is a link on my blog to check it out. It would make a great 'coffee table book' for Gma and Gpa! I still like scrap booking though. Pass all of your stuff on over and I will use it!
Post a Comment