I have always wanted dark hardwood floors. The beauty in the pictures always show such a beautiful shine. Something about brazilian cherry really does it for me. Well, the new house doesn't have brazilian cherry, they are not even mine, we're renting, but the floors are a nice dark oak wood floor. They glisten when they are polished. The shine when they are swept mopped, and then someone walks on them and it's over. The sun hits the floor and suddenly little foot prints are marked everywhere! Then there is eating. More food ends up on the floor then in the mouth I think, I really can't get over it. We left Buster(the dog) behind and he was the biggest help I've ever had for helping me clean the floors. So I have now taken up mopping quite frequently these lovely floors. This week was busy and there were quite a few popsicle dippins, dried cereal, ketcup, ranch dressing, you know, splattered on my floor. I was starting to dread the thought of scrubing the floors when along came, no not my fairy God mother, but a briliant idea. The kids could HELP me! Yes that's right stop the play, actually put all the toys away- and HELP. Everyone had a chore and then they were to meet me in the kitchen. Isabelle couldn't handle the suspense as to why she needed to come to the kitchen when we were not eating. So I finally said "Because tonight is bubble night." Everyone ended up in their bathing suits chores done in five minutes and we had the greatest time with bubble night. We all mopped Cinderella style, with a bucket and rags, Calina too! She stayed at the bucket for about 30 minutes just putting the rag in and wringging it out. The others were skiing, and made a homemade slip and slide right in the house!! It was a blast.
While the floors inside where drying we all went outside and washed my car! Yes Bubble night continued! We had so much fun washing the car, the kids brought out their bikes. Once all that was all bubbled up (and rinsed) we all went upstairs for a huge bubble bath. What a night! On the way up the stairs they all said "Thanks mom for having bubble night!" "Bubble night rocks!" Okay so I got my floors and car washed out of the deal, plus a thank you? Who would have thought?! And I didn't mind a little bubble night either!
Monday, August 25, 2008
BUBBLE NIGHT
Posted by
Call family
at
1:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
great idea! But i can see that going VERY badly in my mind. I don't know how, but it would. You rock!
I believe in child labor... at least in my house. If they don't learn how to work at this age, they will most likely be lazy adults! Way to go, Michelle!!!
Tricky, tricky!
I have always wanted hard wood floors too. But that seems like a lot of work to keep them shiny.
Way to get the kids to help out!
So much fun! I wish they could come over here and have Bubble Night on my kitchen floor!
The house looks nice... Hopefully I can see it soon.
:)
Yeah for bubble night! The things we do to get a little help from our kids. How creative, but terribly brave. I agree with dawn I could just see it going bad. Sounds like CA is agreeing with your family. How fun. Miss you tons!
What a brilliant mom you are. Making work fun is the ultimate achievement.
wow! all of a sudden four new posts! Looks like you guys are having a great time in Sacramento!
Hey did you know that your visiting teacher is one of my sweetest roommates from college? Shelly. Love that girl. I am glad you'll have the chance to get to know her!
Oh, I need a bubble night!!!!!! I have about 2500 square feet of natural Brazilian cherry. It always needs a good wash. I think I hear "bubble night" coming! Great idea, Michelle!
That's awesome! I'll miss seeing you at all hours of the night! HA, shopping no less!
I like that idea. Can't wait til I can use it.
What a blast! I have hardwood floors and I know what you mean! The older Turner gets the more I have to clean them :)
HEY! I found you again - I lost your blog after you moved! I can't believe how big your kids are! Caleen is so SO cute!!! e-mail me, I have to tell you something cool, that you probably already know! azluek at cox dot net!
Hey Shell! Great idea, I'll have to remember that one...
We miss you guys! Vincent loved looking at the pictures and seeing his cousins.
You are so creative! Sometimes I need to remember I'm a fun mom and do silly stuff like this. Thankfully our hardwood floors aren't shiny so it's tricky to see dirt on them and we only have vinyl floors in the kitchen...but I do wish I had a dog to clean up under the table. Good job on tricking the kids into cleaning...I love it when it works!
What a cute blog, and Taylor even said what a cute background. Taylor wants me to write, We love your blog and we do but a cute idea.
That sounds like fun -you almost talked me into cleaning too! You're a good Mom!
Post a Comment