Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What do this things have in common?




Anson drove the large Penske truck with Kaden and Isabelle. I drove the van with Avery and Calina. The idea was to drive together.
I started out my trip with a 12 foot ladder strung up above my van with a double stroller resting on top. Anson and our very helpful neighbor got a few feet of twine, yes that's right twine, and wrapped a few double knots around the ladder and double stroller and said "well I hope you'll be ok."
Now if anyone reading this can see the wisdom or not in this theory, you may comment. I had a few last minute errands to run around so I was just going to "catch-up." Well the boys had not placed the latter striaght on to my van as they didn't want to dent the top and they rested the ladder ontop of the two side bars of the van. So this ladder is hanging off each side of the van strung up with twine and I start around town to do my errans
The van was totally packed inside, I am driving no more than 40 miles per hour and the van feels as though I have 'lift'. After alot of looks, parking was an issue, I'd take up three parking spaces because the latter literally stuck out on both sides of the van, and then driving on the freeway around town it made it for a flying experience.
I then made an executive decision to run back to my brothers house take off the ladder which had moved to the back half of the van with alot of slack in the twine and I left the latter and double stroller for my brothers enjoyment! After a nice swim and enjoyble sleep I started a day later and alot safer.

1 comment:

DebLawson said...

hee hee, that's hilarious!