Monday, March 31, 2008

DO THEY GET ANY CUTER?


Calina is the center of our home right now. She is almost two and quite the funny little girl. She is talking and loves to sing. She came home from church this week running all around the house singing 'Beam!' (From "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam") and trying her hardest to jump up. She hasn't quite gotten it yet but she lifts her whole body up with all her might and extends her upper body upward with so much energy you'd think there would be lift but her feet are still firmly planted on the ground.

Kaden, Isabelle, and Avery refer to her as "Baby Queen." She gets the biggest smile on her face and lights up when they come running to her with gifts and say "oh baby queen we love you!" In the background Isabelle is dressed as a princess and Avery is the queen while Calina is away!






So maybe from the pictures you can tell but probably not, she is tiny. She isn't on the doctors charts for weight or height. I'm sick of her clothes, I've rotated them because I can't look at them for another season, yet she hasn't grown out of them. The funnest part is she eats all the time. I will have given her breakfast, and a snack and then take her to a friends house to play, she bee lines to their pantry. She knows exactly where to go in every one's house. It's crazy.



So the other night she was being babysat, as I had a meeting, and she came home hungry. It was 9:00 p.m. you wouldn't expect her to be so hungry so late but this IS Calina. So I give her a bowl of Cheerios and I think she is done. I say 'Calina, it's 9:15 way past your bed time let's go nigh night' 'no nigh night mo' OK one more bowl. 'Okay Calina night night' 'No mo' 'Calina your tired say nigh night' 'Nigh night mine' and she keeps the spoon. She wouldn't let me have it. No problem. Keep the spoon it's late. So up to bed we go. Up the stairs she usually puts her thumb in mouth but she didn't want to let go of the spoon. She looks at the spoon then at me like I'm the evil spoon taker (I never even asked for it) and she clutches it harder as she collapsed into bed with the spoon and slept soundly all night!



P.S. Jeri I wanted to take a picture so bad but my camera fell off the landing and crashed to pieces on the tile below...

9 comments:

Bama Holcomb Family said...

First, I LOVE the new blog!!! So cute! Second, what an adorable kiddo you have there! The rest are, too, but she is just a cutie pie! Gotta love this age.

Jeri Call said...

That is to funny! I wish I could of seen a picture of that. I wouldn't believe you that she eats so much if I didn't see it with my own two eyes. I can't believe she can stay so tiny and eat so much.
Miss you guys!

Alisa and Rocky said...

Can I just say, "What beautiful grandkids we have!" It was fun to hear about your ski adventure. A little motion sickness? HUMMMM? Give the kids our love.

DebLawson said...

Adorable Baby!!!!

ali said...

sounds like jack and calina have a lot in common.

the kid is a human disposal. but like they say...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. :)

Kendra@My Insanity said...

She is a cutie! I bet Tessa has nearly caught her in the weight dept. How did your kids grow up so fast? I think last time I really saw you, Avery was a new baby. Time keeps marching on!

That is a fun kit from Shabby Princess, isn't it! Looks great!

Sarah said...

Such an adorable girl. I want one! I like to new blog too.

April said...

Anson- you may not remember me, but I am the one that got away. Just kidding, it's April Hostetter (Dietz) here and I just thought you should know that I put a few old pictures on my website from the good old days. There was one from your prom and stuff. You family is so cute! We live in GIlbert, where in AZ are you guys? I thought I saw something on your blog about being on the other side of the valley? Anyways, you have done well for yourself. Did you know you were the first guy to ever give me flowers? Now, there is something to proud of. My blog/ website is: http://web.mac.com/thedietzfamily

Marie said...

I'm so sorry about your camera! What a sweet baby girl. My Kate is 2 1/2 and I'm always watching her and saying how cute she is. I love this age!