Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Earrings!






After what felt like "MY WHOLE ENTIRE LIFE I'VE BEEN WAITING" Isabelle got her ears pierced!! We've been working on our Dad to let her get her ears pierced and he said 'oh okay how about when you are six.' Well six rolled around and he still thought that she was too young and wanted to keep her that way. I have to admit right before she was going to have them pierced I had this plung like feeling in my gut that we were changing her appearance forever. It was a wierd sensation I nearly yelled "Wait let's wait a week or year or how about never?" Her face told me she too was having doubts for maybe a split second waiting for the anticpated pierce. As you can see it only lasted momentarily as was all returned to smiles over lunch at Panda Express. She is so excited today we just changed her earings to a new pair she got on her birthday, "Thanks Grandma!"

3 comments:

DebLawson said...

Oh! She looks so beautiful and grown up! Haley just got her ears re-pierced. She and Brooklyn had them done together at age 8, but Haley's got infected and so she decided to let them close up. She got them re-done at age 12. Now we know to keep the "sensitive ears" earrings in OR to just keep the ones she got them pierced with in! Have fun Isabelle!

Blackson family said...

How fun for Isabelle and she looks darling with her new earrings. Yeah Isabelle way to be a trooper and get them done.

Amber said...

I cannot believe how big your kids are getting!! You look so great! Hope all is well!!