Monday, December 3, 2007

The Rain...


When it rains here in Avondale it really calls for celebration. It does something for the senses, the smell, the feeling, the lower clouds and climate change. I was so excited that we were experiencing weather, my old programmed brain of "it's getting colder out -take out the winter clothes and put away the summer attire" really kicked into high gear. Before I knew it boxes were flying everywhere and everyone was completely outfiited for a true winter season. When the weather changed back, two days later, my kids looked at me like "Can we peel these layers off yet" and I found myself picking up so many sweaters and jackets from off the floor. It doesn't hurt to pretend we live somewhere that sweaters are of a necessity, and jackets are not only fashion statements or bulk in my kids backpacks.

9 comments:

DebLawson said...

Lovely photo!
There is something to be said about living in a place where sweaters are needed every season... HOWEVER.... I REALLY could do without the snow. We got dumped on this past weekend and it's such a pain! Very pretty, but a pain in the booty!
We do have a pretty cool snow fort in our backyard, though!!
:)

ali said...

this is the BEST day ever...the calls have joined the blog world!

I love living in a place where sweaters are optional. Although, the novelty of a winter jacket or some cool ear muffs does entice me every now and again!

ps. your kids are DARLING, but we'll definitely be needing to see more family pics SOON!

Marie said...

Amen to Ali! More family pics! Who am I to talk though. I haven't posted in FOREVER. I've just been busy. We all are I'm sure.

Anson! Welcome to blog world! I was squealing with delight when Deb Lawson told me your family was officially online. YEAH!

I think it reached a high of 42 degrees today? BRRRRR Coldy! We are definitely making good use of our winter coats, hats, gloves, scarfs, coveralls, you name it.

Can't wait to see more :)

kelly said...

Yea for the Call family! you are "bloggers" (isn't that a terrible word?)
I love to see the pics, and I can't wait to see more!!!

DebLawson said...

Hey Michelle...
as you can see, I went and told Marie Bird that you guys have a blog! My, how the word speads!!!!!
I'm glad Anson's friends have found you guys!!
:)

Anonymous said...

Michelle,

Saw your blog from Sunnies. Fun! Ours is private, but send me an email and I'll send you an invite (jsaac4@yahoo.com)

hope said...

Hi Michelle!!!!!! I was so thrilled to see your message on my blog! I have been thinking baout you and your family for so long. How are you all doing??

If there could be just one thing I miss about AZ it is the rain. SO many memories when the faint smell of rain comes here. I love how it fills the senses out there!

Marie said...

Michelle, Did we scare you off? Please, give us more!

Dawn said...

You joined us!! Isn't it so fun? I think it's a great way to keep up with everyone, even if they are only 1/2 a mile from you! Cute kids, how were your holidays? We are ready for school!