Thursday, January 24, 2008

Makutu's Island

On Monday my mom came down and treated us to a fun day at MAKUTU'S ISLAND! (Thanks MOM!) It is this amazing indoor play place that is all island themed and is the greatest run around activity play place ever. It has water and volcano rock climb area, a swinging rope bridge above that connects two of the areas, this huge banana slide that is really, really fast (and hurts adults) a slide that wraps around this huge tree that has about a thousand kids climbing inside of it. So I am enjoying myself watching the chaotic pleasure of my children. One by one they started asking me to go with them. I finally consented. They wanted to start by the volcano climb so I said great! Now think to yourself about volcano's for a minute.











Small tiny holes everywhere.



Dark secret places to climb thru.


Steam......

Okay you get the idea...


As I was ascending in this 'volcano' squeezing thru each little place as twenty kids are trying to pass by me, I thinking what have I done? Then suddenly there is a little light followed by the cute giggle of Avery. Ahh I made it. There is a small open area surrounding me. I look up to see her lovely smile, as my eyes are now adjusting from the brighter lighting of the open space.
All of a sudden she says 'BYE!' and reaches across this empty hole to grab a pole in the middle, you know the fireman type, only that it falls considerably and I have just witnessed my child's death, I think. There she flies off into the dark hole

and then the cute giggle came. 'Mom, it was fun!!' and away she went again.
It scared me so much! I tried to recover and think I used to think this was really fun too! Kaden and Isabelle are now beckoning me to follow them as they have made it to the top now. We have to cross over the rope bridge that is on the edge of the waterfall. I was requesting a wetsuit and goggles they never came. The water surprisingly never gets near you just give the scary impression that one is about to get wet. Then there is was....
THE SCARY SWINGING ROPE BRIDGE that stretches across the place high up in the beams!! I wanted to scream for my mommy to come help me,(she was there remember-in the safety of the soft squishy floor) but as my three kids are requesting my feet to start moving I think I can't possibly go back now and I have to cross this bridge!! As I started across other kids that are not my own are cheering me on, "Good Luck" I hear. "You'll make it" I now visualize myself in a distant land of Costa Rica, my dream vacation, being brave in the jungles crossing this bridge people take pictures of to brag about. And there I am. Across safe and sound.
Now, Anson no reading this and thinking that I am saying you're off the hook of going to Costa Rica, just that it was my happy place so I didn't look down and start screaming at the top of my lungs!
Next we find that Kaden who had been our group leader had taken us to the BANANA Slide. I don't like the banana slide as it really is fast and steep and hurts adults!
I did get lucky as we approached the Banana slide that hurts adults, Isabelle didn't want to go on it either. Yeah! I was off the hook. She leads me thru a mesh tunnel that hangs about twenty-five feet in the air to the safety of the twin twisty slides. The nice fun twisty slides! So she went in one I in the other and we raced to the end. Oh the eventful time inside this great play place. Quite the change from the quiet little McDonald's ones where the only thing to fear is bodily fluid on the slide!

18 comments:

Danee said...

I can not even picture this place. It sounds like so much fun however you are a braver mom than I am. I am not sure that I could have handled the tight spaces and slides. You are amazing!

Dawn said...

That sounds like a ton of fun. Is it close to home? We'll have to come down and join you there sometime!

Angel said...

Sounds like a great place to play!

katri said...

wow! that sounds like a really cool spot.

DebLawson said...

I was getting a bit anxious as you were describing the small spaces... once I had to go up into the play structure at Carl's Jr. to rescue Lindsay and I thought I was going to die! I cannot handle small spaces!
This place sounds amazing, what a fun day!!

Courtney said...

My kids love that place!! I was thinking just last week about taking the boys there for their b-day. Glad you enjoyed "Costa Rica"! ;)

ali said...

thanks. I just saved thousands of dollars by reading your blog. I feel like I've been to costa rica and back. Sounds like an awesome place to play.

oh and just a side note...you and anson really DO need to go to Costa Rica. Best vacation I've ever been on!

Anonymous said...

so fun! It really is the greatest play place!

hope said...

That looks and sounds like so much fun!! I can't remember the last time I saw your mom!! I miss you all!

Anonymous said...

How fun! You are such a good mom to trek into the jungle with them. I'm sure they loved having you there, even if it was kind of scary

Marie said...

I want to go! Only, not for about two more months. Today, I was walking on the trail and had the urge to "go", only I couldn't find a convenient place to do so. There were some places off the trail that required stepping over logs and I just couldn't bring my big-bellied self to even attempt it. I still wish I was there. It sound like a blast!

solarlove said...

Okay, so you crack me up and I miss you tons! I'm bummed that my plan of living by you didn't pan out, but I guess what can you do when the Lord wants you somewhere else?!? But me and Josias want to come down some time and play with you guys, we have so much fun with you and Anson! Let's get the plans for fun a startin'! So I need to call you, what's your phone number again? I'm a loser and this time I promise to write it down with permanent pen on my left leg in big big numbers! Then I can call you any, anytime!
love ya, la

Sarah said...

Hey Michelle,
Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. It is so fun to reconnect with people. Blogs are the BEST. Your family is as cute as ever. Last time I talk to you, you guys were moving to Prescott. Where are you living now? Anyway...We LOVE Makutu's Island too. I went there with a few of my mom friends and our kids over the summer. I am pretty sure we had as much fun as our kids climbing and sliding. A great work out if nothing else. I am going to add you to my buddy list if yo don't mind. See you on the blog.

Sarah
www.sjwimmer.blogspot.com

Hilary said...

Michelle! Your family is beautiful! I remember Kaden when he was a baby! I feel so old.

So, this is Hilary (Payne) Beckwith, by the way. It's a small, small world in the blogger's universe, I suppose.

It's so great to see the rest of the offspring!

Keep in touch!

nate and marne said...

Hey Michelle
I was running around blogs and came across yours. You have a beautiful family. Just wanted to say hi.
Nate

Jeri Call said...

I've agged you, come read my blog to see what I mean.

-Jeri

P.S I still haven't mailed your video I am so sorry, for some reason I thought I had but I'll get that in the mail ASAP.

Marie said...

Jeri got to you first it looks like, but I tagged you too. Come by and see me, it's easy.

Mer said...

Michelle!? This is Meredith Little (Lam) from Prescott. I found your blog via Laura and Josias'. This is such a pleasant surprise. How are you? Your family is beautiful! I talked to your parents a couple of weeks ago, I guess they're in the Willow Creek ward now. I've been in Hawaii too long, so many things have changed here in Prescott. Well, I'm definitely going to add you to our friend's list, here is our family's blog if you ever have the time to check it out.
http://thelamfam.blogspot.com/
Take care and keep in touch! Love and aloha, Meredith, Rett, and Kainoa (The Lam Ohana) :o)