So Sunday morning Kaden and Isabelle asked Avery:
Can we do your hair for you Avery?
Sure she says. No mom I want them to. She smiles at me.
Okay sure that's great everyone is helping everyone this morning. They are so excited about this... new freedom... Avery tells them they can do anything they want.
Five minutes later after Kaden has completely drenched her already wet hair with now more water; he goes upstairs.
He must be done I think.
Nope.
Meanwhile Isabelle was excited about getting to use the spray bottle.
Kaden is back now with a hand full of hair gel.
Isabelle stops long enough for him to put that hand full of gel into Avery's hair.
Isabelle has some how left in the mist of me watching Kaden applying every bit of gel onto Avery's hair....
Isabelle came down with a handful of gel. Yes it went right into Avery's already gel covered hair with so much water I don't know how it is possibly not dripping.
Everyone looked so happy I couldn't reverse anything. There was only two minutes until we had to be leaving out the door. Away we went - hair gel and all!
Boy- they were so proud!
11 comments:
How fun.... I love it when we mommas allow our kids to do stuff like this (dress themselves, decorate something themselves)and we stay out of it! so what if Avery's hair was super crunchy and crispy from all that water and hair gel.... so what?! :) Her brother and sister were probably very proud of themselves!!! I bet she looked delightful! :)
You guys coming to Utah for Grandpa's b-day/reunion?? Hope so, I'm dying to see you guys!
Very helpful. The funny part is, you could've intervened, but you wanted the pictures!
That is FABULOUS! what did her hair look like after church?
Funny, I kept expecting them to come out with the scissors or something. Where did all that gel go?? Did it really all go into her hair?? I love to sit back sometimes and just observe them in action.
You have a lot of control to sit there and take pictures right before church! Wow! glad they had fun. The dance pic is way cute, too!
it's settled! I'm coming over for a new hairstyle. The service seems impeccable!
YOu are such a great moom to let them do that. Do you think that you would have ever let your first child out the door looking anything but perfect and then by child #3 we figure out how to let go a little more and not worry about the small stuff.Funny kids you have.
Michelle! I found your blog blog surfing! It is so fun to see what you and your adorable kids are up to:) You are such a good mom.
-Tiffany (Mangum) Thomson
I could take a lesson on letting go from you. What? Am I admitting I tend to be controlling? Nay.
If I go to church early without the children for the purpose of attending choir or ward council, William's way of paying me back is doing Kate's hair up real nice. He loves the hair gel and the blow dryer. He always manages to walk in just a little late so everyone sees the nice "DO" and it's stuck that way for all of sacrament meeting.
The last time it looked like a Hindu ponytail at the very front of her head where her bangs should be. Previously we've had the SWOOP, the POOF and the SLICK. Oh, he's just a hairdresser hiding inside a manly man's exterior.
In my defense, let me just add that I let my children choose their creative outfits. Jane does her own hair every day and I only give compliments. Even when it looks like she is Jewish with those small little braids hanging by the side of her head. I often have mothers ask who dressed my children. Well, they did of course!
The things I tend to freak out about are leaving the doors and windows open when it is 10 degrees outside or how about grabbing a dripping soggy washcloth from the sink and flinging it around on your way to wipe up the table? Those are some of my favorites. But, I still need to let go.
Wow, blogging is so therapeutic.
Marie you rock that was theraputic just reading your reply!! That is awesome that you let your husband attempt to style this kids. My friends in the ward know when I left early for church too. Anson has tried so hard and he's so proud of the fro or attempted braid. You gotta love 'um!!
Debbie- WHAT REUNION? Maybe we are not invited but I'd love to see you too!
Post a Comment